Monday, November 24, 2008

Where I Live...Surrounding Chiang Rai...

Last weekend, I stayed in Chiang Rai. My friend Bertrand who is a French tour guide took us around on Sunday. We saw the White Temple, below. This temple was built by a famous Thai artist who sounds slightly out of his mind. He's very grandiose and apparently quite hauty. I'll admit his art is pretty cool though... The mural inside the temple is divided into 2 parts, the good side and the evil side. On the evil side, you can find Bush, Bin Laden, Zidane and Materazzi, the Twin Towers in flames, Neo from the Matrix... the list goes on. On the good side, only famous Thai people. Westerners didn't make it there.... Interesting...







Houses in a REAL Akha village...




Self-portrait after my 2 1/2 hour walk last weekend by myself on Saturday :)






















Print this post

2 comments:

alfonso said...

Very nice

_________
_________

- Paul Hastings said...

So how does the civil unrest in Thailand right now affect you and your normal routine?

Okay, I don't know if this is the right place or not, if it isn't then please forgive me.

I would like to shamelessly, and openly give a plug for a new creative blog for people of creativity and imagination that I'm starting. It's called Creagination. Come by, take a look, and tell me what you think.

Thanks.