Monday, November 10, 2008

Cool season has arrived!

From one day to the next, the weather has turned. Just a few days ago, I was sweating buckets in my sleep alone (attractive I know). Jen and I had to leave all the doors and windows open at night to not die of heat. Suddenly, the weather has cooled. I now sleep in my hoodie and long pyjama pants and wake up freezing still. Once the Sun comes up, it's warm. This is actually idyllic weather, reminds me of San Francisco during the warm season.
We had been showering in an authentic Thai-style shower, which consisted of pouring buckets of freezing cold water over our bodies. This was doable as long as I was dying of heat, but when the weather turned, we started to beg our coordinator to fix the hot water and pressure, which he finally has! I never realized what a luxury it was to have hot water. The water is warm, not hot, but it will do!

On another note, that rooster's crows have lost their charm (especially when he starts at 4 in the morning and doesn't stop til my alarm goes off) - I think I might have to shoot him soon. Print this post

No comments: