Wednesday, November 5, 2008

3rd batch!

Every morning at the school, the children line up for some speeches , and to be honest I have no idea what else since I don't understand a word of Thai !
Thais seem to love giving out awards. Yesterday, we were required to sit in on one of the lengthy staff meetings (where again we had no idea what was being said), and where awards were being given out.
They proceeded to introduce us as the new foreign teachers. I stood up near stage and just smiled stupidly while the principal just spoke about me in Thai, she could have been saying I was a stripper for all I know! I was then told to give a little speech, where I just said a few words. They had no idea what I said of course.

The door to the English deparment... shouldn't the sign be in English?

With Jen in Chiang Mai a few dyas before started to teach.



My room...




Print this post

No comments: