Monday, February 9, 2009

My goobye note to my school...

So my coordinator just announced to us that we needed to write a paragraph for the school newsletter about our "feelings" about our experience here. I just wrote this up really quickly, and although it's definitely quite cheesy, I thought it was worth sharing it with you. Despite the cheese, it's actually quite genuine..Oh and by the way, I don't think anyone will understand it, ha.

Being an English teacher at Damrong High School has been an incredible experience for me. I know my time here was brief and am sorry to be moving on so quickly, but I have enjoyed every moment of teaching here. I have loved getting to know the students and hope that I have had a bit of an impact on them. Every student here has the potential to become an excellent English speaker one day (some are already there), so I hope that my presence here has encouraged my students to not lose faith and to keep practicing and in turn one day to be very successful.

I would like to thank the school for inviting me here in Chiang Rai and by doing so, giving me the experience of a lifetime. Thanks to my time here as a teacher, I had the immense pleasure of getting to know the staff, my colleagues, and the students whose kind welcome I shall never forget. Moreover, I have also had unique access to learning and understanding Thai culture – one that has had a tremendous impact on me. Thank you so much for an unforgettable experience. Until the next time, chok dee. Print this post

2 comments:

alixperrachon said...

Chérie
Ce que tu as écrit est très touchant, cela a du leur faire plaisir.
What a terrific experience that will be with you forever. Now onto the future!
Je suis très fier de toi ma grande fille
Papa

GautierdeVilliers said...

Bonjour Juliet,nous sommes heureux de pouvoir lire un si long reportage sur ta magnifique expérience. Grâce à Google earth, nous avions pu voir l'endroit où tu vivais, désormais nous avons une idée très précise de ton long séjour. Nous espérons de revoir bientôt, j'ai hâte de montrer ton blog à ta cousine Adelaïde.
J'espère que ta main va un peu mieux.
Nous t'embrassons tous les trois
PS : qui est ce garçon sur la photo ?
Allez, bye...